He said despite COVID-19, Vietnam has secured economic balances, macroeconomic stability, and social welfare.
In May, S&P Global Ratings announced it retained Vietnam’s sovereign credit rating at BB, with a stable outlook.
At the meeting, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc underlined the key role of the financial sector in meeting Vietnam’s dual goals of fighting COVID-19 and reviving the economy.
“To achieve the twin targets, the financial sector and others must adhere to the budget collection and spending plans, ensure financial resources for economic recovery, and maintain major economic balances,” said Mr. Phuc.
- S&P maintains stable outlook for Vietnam’s sovereign credit rating
- Government targets 4% GDP growth this year: Prime Minister
- Laos will successfully achieve set targets: Vietnam PM
- What will it take for Vietnam to get a future credit rating upgrade?
- Fitch affirms state-run PetroVietnam’s rating at BB with stable outlook
- Vietnamese government aims at socio-economic goals amid Covid-19 pandemic
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc hails the police’s contributions to Covid-19 fight
- PM reviews financial sector in first six months
- Vietnam is striving for the dual goal: Combating the COVID-19 pandemic and socio-economic development