A medical worker collects samples of a worker for Covid-19 testing. The Ministry of Health this morning, May 17, confirmed 37 new locally-infected cases of Covid-19 – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The Ministry of Health this morning, May 17, confirmed 37 new locally-infected cases of Covid-19, with 22 recorded in the northern province of Bac Giang, sending Vietnam’s community transmission tally during the latest coronavirus wave since April 27 to 1,176 cases.
The new cases in Bac Giang were linked to industrial parks that had been locked down earlier. The remaining 15 cases were detected in quarantine centers in the northern provinces of Bac Ninh, Vinh Phuc, and Tuyen Quang, making Tuyen Quang the latest locality to be hit by the virus during this resurgence of Covid-19.
Bac Giang is taking the lead by the number of locally-transmitted patients during this resurgence at 336 cases. Over the past two days, around 500 medical workers and students from Hanoi, Hai Duong, and Quang Ninh have been sent to Bac Giang to assist this province with the fight against the coronavirus.
In related news, the central city of Danang will suspend taxis, contracted cars with less than nine seats, motorbike ride-hailing and delivery services starting today until further notice.
The suspension is aimed at curbing the spread of Covid-19 more effectively as the city has reported 135 locally-infected cases, said Le Quang Nam, vice chairman of the municipal government, reported VnExpress.
All drivers of these vehicles were required to visit the nearest medical center for making health declarations and taking a Covid-19 test.
In another development, the Health Ministry last night issued an urgent notice looking for people who had traveled on a coach, with plate number 30V-4157, which departed at 8 a.m. on May 7 from Hanoi to Hoa Binh Province’s Lac Son District, as a coronavirus case took this trip. People linked to this coach were asked to contact local medical centers for Covid-19 preventive measures.
- 16 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases reported
- Covid-19 pandemic spreads to 19 localities in Vietnam
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 community transmission tally increases by 28
- Sixteen more community-infected cases of Covid-19 confirmed
- Vietnam has 30 new coronavirus infections
- 78 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases confirmed this morning
- Vietnam records biggest single-day rise in Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam has 20 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases
- Covid-19 continues to rage as new community-infected cases soar by 65