As of Sunday morning, infection tally in Vietnam’s new Covid wave crosses 1,000, VNExpress reported.
Yesterday, the country saw 165 community transmissions confirmed in the country, marking the highest number of Covid-19 cases in a single day.
Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Health Ministry confirmed 127 domestic infections Sunday morning, raising the infection tally in Vietnam’s fourth coronavirus wave to 1,080.
The new patients were recorded in four northern provinces of Bac Giang, Bac Ninh, Dien Bien and Hoa Binh, all related to previously confirmed patients and outbreaks in areas that have been already isolated.
Bac Giang recorded 98 new cases, all linked to outbreaks at Japanese electronics company Hosiden and Quang Chau industrial park in Viet Yen District, which are now under lockdown.
Related: Vietnam’s Covid-19 patient dies
Bac Ninh recorded 23 new patients and Dien Bien five, all already quaratined following contact tracing.
The new case in Hoa Binh is a 42-year-old woman related to a previous outbreak.
Since the new wave broke out on April 27, Vietnam has reported 1,080 new local cases of Covid-19 in 26 cities and provinces.
Of them, 314 are in Bac Giang, 217 in Bac Ninh and 213 in Hanoi with 110 in two hospitals under lockdown, and 123 in Da Nang City.
Saturday saw 165 community transmissions confirmed in the country, marking the highest number of Covid-19 cases in a single day since the pandemic broke out in Vietnam in January last year.
The country has recorded 4,112 infections since the start of the pandemic, including 2,668 recoveries and 36 deaths. The latest fatal case was a 89-year-old woman recorded Saturday.
Over 977,000 people, or about 1 percent of the country’s population, have been vaccinated against Covid-19, mainly frontline workers of the Covid-19 fight and medics at local hospitals, according to VNExpress.
By Le Nga
- Vietnam’s domestic Covid-19 tally was up by 33 on Thursday morning
- Vietnam records 77 new Covid-19 community transmissions Sunday evening
- Vietnam records another 15 new domestic Covid-19 infections on Sunday morning, total reaches 3,230
- Vietnam confirmed nine more Covid-19 community transmissions Wednesday morning
- Saigon surpasses Hanoi to become 3rd largest COVID-19 hotspot in Vietnam
- Just one new community case in Vietnam Tuesday morning
- Vietnam confirms 14 more Covid-19 infection cases
- 15 new community cases reported in Bac Ninh and Hanoi on Saturday morning
- 28 new community COVID-19 cases reported, outbreak at Hanoi cancer hospital under control