Workers of Vina Solar Company in the Van Trung Industrial Park in Bac Giang Province’s Viet Yen District have their samples taken for Covid-19 testing. Vietnam has had an additional 127 Covid-19 cases - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally has risen to 4,112 after an additional 127 cases of locally-infected Covid-19 were reported in four provinces this morning, May 16, with Bac Giang reporting the most number of 98 cases.
All the new cases were detected at quarantine facilities and lockdown areas.
Besides the 98 fresh cases in Bac Giang, 23 others were confirmed in Bac Ninh, five in Dien Bien and one in Hoa Binh.
In related news, Nguyen Van Thanh, secretary of the Party Committee and director of the Hanoi Construction Investment Company No.2 (Hacinco), was removed from his post yesterday for violating anti-pandemic regulations.
Specifically, he failed to take self-quarantine measures after visiting Covid-19-hit areas. He was later diagnosed with Covid-19.
According to the board of directors of the Hanoi Housing Development and Investment Corporation, the parent company of Hacinco, Thanh’s violations were serious, affecting the fight against the pandemic of Hanoi and the public health and sparking public concern.
In Danang, director of the municipal Department of Justice has been confirmed to be infected with Covid-19. On May 6, her husband and sister were found to be new Covid-19 patients in the city and she has been quarantined since then.
Meanwhile, in HCMC, the municipal Department of Health informed that hospitals in the city had taken more than 47,200 samples for Covid-19 testing and the result of nearly 10,000 samples was negative.
- 16 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases reported
- 35 new Covid-19 cases confirmed, 22 in Danang
- Sixteen more community-infected cases of Covid-19 confirmed
- Four fresh Covid-19 cases raise Vietnam’s tally to 2,985
- New Covid-19 cases surge in Danang
- Health Ministry reports 32 new Covid-19 cases, including 21 in Hanoi
- Vietnam has 20 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases
- Health Ministry confirms 22 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Thirty-four new Covid-19 cases detected in six localities