Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh speaking at the event (Photo: NDO)
NDO/VNA - On May 15, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh encouraged the health sector to overcome difficulties and shortcomings and consider protecting public health as the first and foremost task.
In a working session with leading official of the Ministry of Health, PM Chinh stressed the need to ensure safety and success of the upcoming elections of the 15th National Assembly and all-level People’s Councils for the 2021-2026 tenure.
To that end, the health sector and others must continue stepping up the inspection and perfection of mechanisms and policies on COVID-19 prevention and control, he stressed.
It is necessary to promote proactive testing and accelerate the implementation of a “vaccine strategy” by increasing access to effective vaccine sources and stepping up vaccinations.
The Government leader called for a change in the popularisation of pandemic prevention and control so the people will voluntarily join the fight for their own health and for national interests.
PM Chinh directed the sector to carry out urgent tasks, including completing institutions, mechanisms and policies in accordance with the situation; raising the quality of human resources, especially in remote areas; investing in developing specific medicine; mobilising all legal resources in bettering health care; and stepping up the application of information technology in the sector.
Speaking at the meeting, Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long said that the number of new COVID-19 cases in Vietnam may continue increasing; however, the sources of infection of all new cases have been identified.
Regarding the testing capacity, Long stated that Vietnam now can test nearly 66,000 samples per day, and could increase to 290,000 samples at maximum if necessary.
As of May 13, a total of 969,730 vaccine doses have been injected, he said, adding that there are four domestic companies researching and producing vaccines against the disease.
- Highest priority now lies on Covid-19 prevention, control: PM
- PM Pham Minh Chinh chairs first regular Government meeting
- Pham Minh Chinh elected as Prime Minister of Vietnam
- PM holds emergency online conference on COVID-19 control
- Pham Minh Chinh elected Prime Minister of Vietnam
- Localities asked to minimize social distancing impact on socioeconomic development
- PM calls for further vigilance against COVID-19
- Pham Minh Chinh becomes the Vietnam’s new prime minister
- PM holds working session with Ho Chi Minh City officials
- PM works with Ministry of Information and Communications