Taking samples for COVID-19 testing (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – The Ministry of Health announced 18 new COVID-19 infections over the past six hours to 12:00pm on May 15, including two imported cases and 16 in quarantine facilities.
The two imported are Vietnamese citizens returning from Malaysia and Japan and being quarantined in Ba Ria-Vung Tau province and Da Nang city, respectively.
Among the domestically-transmitted cases, nine were reported in Bac Giang province, two in Dien Bien, two in Hanoi, and one in Bac Ninh, Ha Nam and Hung Yen each.
The new cases brought the national tally to 3,854, with 2.393 domestic and 1.461 imported cases.
The MoH’s Department of Medical Examination Management reported that 2,658 patients have been given the all-clear. The death toll remains at 35.
Meanwhile, 28,405 people are in concentrated quarantine facilities nationwide.
* The sub-committee for treatment under the National Steering Board on COVID-19 Prevention and Control also announced on May 15 that an 89-year-old female COVID-19 patient has died due to her underlying conditions.
She was admitted to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases on May 13 and died on May 15 from respiratory failure, severe lung infection due to COVID-19, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
Vietnam’s COVID-19 fatalities now stands at 36.
- COVID-19: nine imported cases reported on March 31
- Vietnam reports 12 new COVID-19 cases on August 17 evening
- Seven imported cases of COVID-19 reported on January 5
- Four imported cases of COVID-19 recorded on January 7
- Vietnam reports three new imported COVID-19 cases on January 8
- Sixteen more imported COVID-19 cases recorded on Nov. 15 evening
- Four new imported COVID-19 cases confirmed
- Vietnam reports 65 new domestically-transmitted COVID-19 cases
- One imported, 16 domestic cases of COVID-19 documented on May 10 afternoon