Competent forces are setting up a Covid-19 checkpoint in Tien Du District, Bac Ninh Province, one of Vietnam’s current Covid-19 hotspots. Twenty new community-transmitted Covid-19 cases were found in five localities this morning, May 15 - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - Twenty new community-transmitted Covid-19 cases were found in five localities this morning, May 15, taking the country’s tally to 3,836.
Bac Giang Province had the highest number of Covid-19 infections at 15, while Lang Son Province confirmed two cases, and Vinh Phuc, Hanoi and Daklak reported one each.
Since April 27, the country has reported 808 locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases in 26 provinces and cities, with Hanoi City seeing the biggest number of cases at 198, including cases at K Hospital and the national hospital for tropical diseases.
Speaking at an anti Covid-19 meeting on May 14, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam said that the coronavirus hotspots in Ha Nam, Danang and Vinh Phuc were basically brought under control. Other hotspots in Bac Giang and Bac Ninh will be controlled in the next three or five days.
Deputy PM Dam also called on residents to strictly follow Covid-19 safety protocols, including wearing face masks, keeping a safe physical distance and washing hands with sanitizer, to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
In another development, the Hanoi Department of Health on May 14 wrote to the city’s districts and towns ordering them to ask those who returned from Danang City from May 1 to 15 to make online health declarations, have their samples for testing and self-quarantine at home for 21 days.
- 40 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases confirmed
- 78 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases confirmed this morning
- Covid-19 pandemic spreads to 19 localities in Vietnam
- Vietnam reports nine imported, 10 locally-transmitted cases of Covid-19
- Thirty-four new Covid-19 cases detected in six localities
- Sixteen more community-infected cases of Covid-19 confirmed
- Health ministry reports 16 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam annouces 109 more locally-transmitted Covid-19 patients on Monday morning
- Vietnam reports 14 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases