Many customers are seen at a street food stall in HCMC. Danang City has banned gatherings of over five persons in public to prevent the spread of Covid-19 – PHOTO: PLO
HCMC – Due to the rising number of Covid-19 infections, the Danang government yesterday evening, May 13, issued an urgent dispatch banning gatherings of over five persons in public to prevent the rapid spread of Covid-19.
In line with the directive released by Danang Chairman Le Trung Chinh, residents were told to stay at home and only go out if necessary, Thanh Nien Online reported.
Due to the high risk of infection in families, the municipal government asked people to restrict throwing parties or gathering for family activities.
In another development, many eateries in HCMC have violated Covid-19 regulations on the number of customers.
A street food stall in Binh Thanh District’s Ward 19 on May 12 saw many customers visit it, with all of them seated closely, Phap Luat Online reported.
As such, the food stall violated the Covid-19 safety regulation on maintaining a physical distance of at least one meter and preventing gatherings of over 30 persons.
On the same night, another street food stall in the ward served a large number of guests, while the employees at the stall were wearing no face masks. The stall had 20 tables, with three or four customers seated at each table.
Besides, several coffee shops on Truong Sa Street in Binh Thanh District were crowded with customers at night, while the seats were in close proximity to each other, regardless of the ban on gatherings of over 30 persons issued by the municipal government, reported Tuoi Tre Online.
- Hanoi bans gatherings of over 10 persons
- Many provinces, cities step up Covid-19 prevention
- Ho Chi Minh City shuts bars, bans gatherings to battles new coronavirus outbreak
- Covid-19-positive Danang resident visits many places in HCMC
- Danang again issues market coupons to locals to prevent coronavirus outbreak
- Danang orders locals to stay home from tonight due to typhoon
- Danang to slap harsh fines on those spreading false Covid-19 information
- Bac Giang records highest number of Covid-19 infections this morning
- Danang imposes ban on beach swimming, events to prevent Covid-19 wave
- Vietnam vows to prevent third Covid-19 wave: Deputy Minister