Police officers on duty at a Covid-19 checkpoint. The Ministry of Health has confirmed 16 more community-transmitted Covid-19 cases – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The Ministry of Health has confirmed 16 more community-transmitted Covid-19 cases, taking the country’s tally to 3,756 as of this afternoon, May 14.
Among the latest cases, seven cases were reported in Bac Ninh Province, three at Hanoi-based K Hospital, two each in Lang Son Province and Nam Dinh Province, and one each in Thai Binh and Hung Yen provinces.
In related news, to enhance its efforts in the fight against Covid-19, the central province of Ninh Thuan has decided to build a field hospital in Thuan Nam District with 200 beds, the local media reported.
The province will mobilize and send some 160 medical workers to serve the quarantine and treatment operations at the field hospital.
In another development, Phu Cu District in Hung Yen Province on May 13 lifted the lockdown at Hoang Xa Hamlet, while allowing Hoang Cac and Nai Khe hamlets in Tien Tien Commune to stop social distancing.
After the removal of the lockdown, Hoang Xa Hamlet, which had earlier reported two Covid-19 cases, started practicing social distancing for 14 days in line with the prime minister’s Directive 16.
- Vietnam reports 14 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases
- Sixteen more community-infected cases of Covid-19 confirmed
- 78 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases confirmed this morning
- Health Ministry confirms 22 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam annouces 109 more locally-transmitted Covid-19 patients on Monday morning
- Covid-19 continues to rage as new community-infected cases soar by 65
- Vietnam reports nine imported, 10 locally-transmitted cases of Covid-19
- 21 fresh community-transmitted Covid-19 cases reported
- Vietnam reports 20 new Covid-19 cases