A medical worker takes samples from a man for Covid-19 testing. The Ministry of Health has confirmed 31 new Covid-19 cases - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The Ministry of Health has confirmed 31 new Covid-19 cases, including 19 locally-infected cases in five localities and 12 imported cases, taking the country's Covid-19 tally to 3,710 as of tonight, May 13.
Among the locally-transmitted cases, 10 were reported in Danang, four in Bac Ninh, three in Vinh Phuc and one each in Hanoi and Bac Giang.
Meanwhile, Soc Trang reported the highest number of imported cases of nine, while others were found in Soc Trang, Vinh Long and Binh Duong.
Secretary of the Danang Party Committee Nguyen Van Quang today said the pandemic in the An Don Industrial Park and four surrounding neighborhoods had been put under control.
However, the city would continue conducting Covid-19 tests on a larger scale, focusing on high-risk areas.
The city currently has sufficient test kits, medical equipment and human resources to test 15,000 samples per day.
The municipal Party chief called on local residents go out only if necessary in the coming days, saying that although the city had worked out many anti-pandemic measures, local residents’ awareness was the most important.
The city has yet to have plans to practice social distancing measures, Quang noted.
In related news, some 60% of Covid-19 patients in this Covid-19 wave showed no clinical symptoms, causing difficulties for the tracing work, according to the Medical Services Administration under the Ministry of Health.
Some 1,000 Covid-19 patients are under medical treatment at 50 medical centers nationwide. The National Hospital for Tropical Diseases has the largest number of Covid-19 patients of 300 and half of them report no clinical symptoms.
Doctor Nguyen Hong Ha, vice chairman of the Vietnamese Association for Infectious Diseases, said patients without symptoms caused the greatest difficulty in the fight against Covid-19. Therefore, the pandemic transmission risk is high.
The Covid-19 incubation period is 21 days. Patients tend to show no symptoms in the first days, and symptoms such as cough and mild fever will develop from the fifth to 12th day.
In most of patients, these symptoms will disappear after a week.
- 40 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases confirmed
- Vietnam records biggest single-day rise in Covid-19 cases
- 78 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases confirmed this morning
- Health Ministry reports 32 new Covid-19 cases, including 21 in Hanoi
- 35 new Covid-19 cases confirmed, 22 in Danang
- Vietnam reports nine imported, 10 locally-transmitted cases of Covid-19
- New Covid-19 cases surge in Danang
- 14 more Covid-19 cases confirmed in Haiphong, Hai Duong, Quang Ninh
- Four fresh Covid-19 cases raise Vietnam’s tally to 2,985
- Thirty-four new Covid-19 cases detected in six localities