A medical worker gets a shot of the AstraZeneca vaccine. Over 1.68 million doses of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine provided by COVAX Facility will arrive in Vietnam on May 16 – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) said that over 1.68 million doses of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine provided by COVAX Facility will arrive in Vietnam on May 16, Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long announced today, May 13.
After receiving the new vaccine doses, the Ministry of Health will continue to allocate them to the country’s provinces and cities to ensure the vaccination runs on schedule, the local media reported.
The ministry has been speeding up the access to Covid-19 vaccines to ensure a sufficient supply of vaccines for residents.
As of May 12, medical workers, soldiers and police officers in 62 provinces and cities nationwide received a total of 942,030 shots of the AstraZeneca vaccine.
To enhance efforts to fight Covid-19, the Ministry of Health has made some changes in the Covid-19 testing strategy, including using various biological products, antibodies and multiple methods of testing such as group testing and rapid antigen testing.
The ministry also asked those who have entered Vietnam and employees working at entertainment sites to undergo antigen and antibody tests to find the source of the Covid-19 infection.
Assessing the Covid-19 situation in Vietnam, Minister Long voiced his concerns over Covid-19 transmission at industrial zones, ordering provinces and cities to stay on high alert and adopt aggressive safety measures at the industrial parks.
- Over 800,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses provided by Covax arrive in Vietnam
- Vietnam to receive almost 1.7 million more AstraZeneca doses this weekend
- Vietnam to receive over 5.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines in two months
- Health Ministry proposes not buying additional 30 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine
- AstraZeneca vaccine shots COVAX provided for Vietnam to expire in less than 2 months
- Vietnam just received another 811,200 COVID-19 vaccine doses, how to get vaccinated?
- Health Ministry to receive over VND1.2 trillion to buy Covid-19 vaccines
- Vietnamese Gov't buy 30 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine on non-profit basis
- Who are in priority list for Covid-19 vaccine?