National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue speaking at the ceremony (Photo: Duy Linh)
NDO/VNA - The Ministry of Public Security on May 12 held a virtual ceremony to launch a campaign to ensure security and safety for the upcoming elections of deputies to the 15th National Assembly and all-level People’s Councils for 2021-2026.
National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue, who is also head of the National Election Council, attended the event.
In his remarks, Hue lauded efforts made by the public security force over the past time to guarantee security and safety for the elections, slated for May 23.
To ensure absolute security and safety for the important political event, the top legislator asked the force not to let the guard down.
Given the complex developments of COVID-19, Hue said one important task is to ensure constituencies do not turn into pandemic hotbeds.
He also urged relevant agencies, all-level Party Committees and authorities in localities as well as voters and people nationwide to coordinate with and create the best possible conditions for the public security force to outstandingly perform their assigned tasks.
Major General Le Hong Nam, Director of Ho Chi Minh City Police, on behalf of the entire public security force, pledged to make every effort to protect security and safety for the elections.
- Minister emphasies resolve to absolutely ensure security, safety for elections
- PM chairs first meeting of national steering committee for cyber security
- Vietnam to tighten cyber security
- General To Lam inspects election preparations in Da Nang
- Ministry of Public Security awarded first-class Military Exploit Order
- Security forces deployed in capital to protect 13th National Party Congress
- Ba Ria – Vung Tau holds early voting ahead of upcoming elections
- Vietnam commits to ASEAN cooperation to ensure cyber security, safety
- Ceremony marks 60th anniversary of Vietnam sending public security experts to Laos