Medical workers do nasal swabs for workers and residents linked to An Don Industrial Park in Danang’s Son Tra District last night, May 11, for Covid-19 testing – PHOTO: TNO
HCMC – Authorities in Danang’s Son Tra District last night put An Don Industrial Park on lockdown after 30 contacts of a Covid-19 positive worker at the park tested positive for the coronavirus, a local official confirmed this morning, May 12.
Local medical workers were also sent to the park to collect samples from all workers at the park for Covid-19 testing since yesterday afternoon, said Huynh Van Hung, vice chairman of the district’s government, reported Thanh Nien newspaper.
The local health authority set up an area on the opposite side of the entrance of the industrial park so that workers and local residents in the neighborhood could make health declarations and take a Covid-19 test. The sample collecting and contact tracing activities were conducted throughout the night.
Data from the Son Tra District Medical Center showed that the health workers had collected samples of some 500 workers at the park and over 200 residents living around the park.
Earlier, as reported by the paper, the city’s steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control announced that a female worker, who works as a telephone operator at Truong Minh JSC’s Danang Branch in the park, had been infected with the virus. The source of transmission linked to this case remains unknown.
The local health authority discovered 96 people who came into close contact with her and 97 others linked to the case. Also, the Son Tra District Medical Center, her company, her boarding house and other locations related to the case were locked down and disinfected.
- Sixteen more community-infected cases of Covid-19 confirmed
- Covid-19 positive cases reported in industrial park
- Hung Yen approved the 1/500 plan of the 36-hectare residential area in Hoa Phat’s Industrial Park
- New coronavirus strain in Danang city is not ominous: WHO
- New Zealand embassy opens free supermarket in Hanoi industrial park
- Quang Ngai’s hamlet of over 200 residents put under lockdown
- Ho Chi Minh City proposes entrance allowance for 437 foreign workers
- Danang locks down New Phuong Dong bar area
- Vietnam reports 33 more local Covid-19 cases, total hits 3,537