The animation scripts should be imbued with national cultural identities. (Image for illustration)
NDO – The Cinema Department under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism officially launched the 2021 Script Creation Contest for Documentary and Animated Films on May 11.
The contest is open to both professional and amateur writers who are living, studying and working in Vietnam.
The organising board is seeking scripts that have high ideological and artistic values and convey deep humane messages.
The documentaries are 60 minutes long and animated films are 90 minutes long. The contest is expected to create a source of scripts for film production during the 2023-2025 period.
The documentary scripts must have contents that reflect the vivid reality of social life as well as new discoveries about life and people with multi-dimensional, humanistic, and benevolent perspectives.
The animation scripts should promote education as well as honour the values of truth, goodness, and beauty imbued with national cultural identities. The organising board encourages the themes related to the history, legend, fairy tale, fantasy and fiction on nature.
The scripts should be sent to the Cinema Department from May 17 to August 31. The awards ceremony is expected to be held in December.
- Vietnamese cinema needs new scripts that 'access people's emotions'
- Short film screening and talk with directors
- Like the Moon in a Night Sky 2021 film project showcases shorts, animations, and documentaries
- Photo contest promote tourism and culture of Khanh Hoa
- Online photo contest launched to promote Ho Chi Minh City tourism
- Da Nang check-in model design contest launched
- Two Vietnam film directors get grants from South Korea festival
- Children's fine arts contest launched
- Vietnam youth raise funding from 1,600 people to produce animated historical film