Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long speaks at a meeting with voters in Vinh Long Province today, May 11. The Ministry of Health is planning to arrange a total of 110 million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine – PHOTO: NGUYEN VIET
CAN THO – The Ministry of Health is planning to arrange a total of 110 million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine for the next large-scale vaccination this year.
Speaking at a meeting with voters in Vinh Long Province’s Binh Tan District today, May 11, Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long said that the large number of doses, including the doses that previously arrived in Vietnam, would be used for the largest-ever Covid-19 inoculation in 2021.
The vaccine is considered a key solution to stop the spread of Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, so the Government issued Resolution 21 on February 26 on the use and purchase of the Covid-19 vaccine, said Long.
Long said that Vietnam had negotiated with many countries and international organizations to access the vaccines. Accordingly, the country will be provided with some 40 million doses by the COVAX Facility and some 30 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine that were ordered last year.
Besides, the ministry is planning to buy 31 million more doses of the Pfizer vaccine and other vaccines, said the minister.
In related news, as of 12.00 p.m. today, Vietnam had 2,701 locally-infected Covid-19 cases, with 501 cases reported since April 27.
- Health Ministry proposes not buying additional 30 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine
- Vietnam to buy 30 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine from UK
- HCMC receives 56,250 doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- Vietnam to start covid-19 vaccination for health workers from March 1
- Vietnam to receive some 4.1 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- Vietnamese Gov't buy 30 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine on non-profit basis
- Binh Duong proposes purchasing over 3 million COVID-19 vaccine doses
- Vietnam will receive 30 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine
- Over 800,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses provided by Covax arrive in Vietnam