During the duration of discussion, Minister Hung briefed the Indian diplomat on the nation’s ongoing battle against the pandemic whilst expressing sympathy towards the Indian Government and its people over the severe difficulties that they are currently facing in the ongoing fight.
He stated that in April, 2020, the VIFA presented 100,000 anti-bacteria masks to India, whilst also urging Vietnamese conglomerate Vingroup to offer 100 ventilators worth approximately US$434,000 to assist in efforts.
The Minister also expressed his confidence that under the leadership of the Government, along with the solidarity of the entire population, the pandemic in India will be contained in the near future.
In response to this, the Indian Ambassador said the move indicates the traditional friendship and co-operation that exists between the two nations amid the damaging impact of the pandemic, whilst pledging the effective use of ventilators donated by the nation.
- The US provides ventilators to Vietnam to respond to COVID-19
- US, China donate ventilators and masks to aid Vietnam’s Covid-19 combat
- US provides ventilators to Vietnam in response to Covid-19
- Vingroup presents ventilators to Russia, Ukraine and Singapore
- Vietnam’s Vingroup gives 2,400 ventilators to Singapore, Russia and Ukraine to aid COVID-19 treatment
- Vingroup offers array of ventilators to countries worldwide
- India probes Vietnamese copper tube imports
- Vietnam, India eye stronger trade ties
- Webinar helps bolster exports of medical supplies to Venezuela