A health worker does a nasal swab for Covid-19 testing. The Ministry of Health has reported 32 new Covid-19 cases, including 31 community-transmitted cases - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The number of Covid-19 cases reported in Vietnam today, May 10, has so far reached 112, a single-day record number of new cases, as the Ministry of Health confirmed 32 new cases, including 21 in Hanoi.
The new cases included 31 locally-transmitted cases detected in five localities and one imported case in Ba Ria-Vung Tau, taking the country’s Covid-19 tally to 3,444.
Among the 21 new cases in Hanoi, 12 were detected on the Dong Anh campus of the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases, including a medical worker, eight patients and three visiting family members, and three on the Tan Trieu campus of K Hospital.
The other cases were found in Bac Giang, Hoa Binh, Danang and Hai Duong.
Thus, Vietnam saw 109 locally-infected Covid-19 cases today.
As for the imported case, he is a Pakistani expert and is being treated at the medical center of Long Dien District.
Today, Deputy Minister of Health Do Xuan Tuyen, deputy head of the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control, asked cities and provinces to enhance anti-pandemic measures at industrial parks and production facilities.
The fight against the pandemic in many facilities remains lax, while many Covid-19 cases have been detected in industrial parks in Hai Duong and Bac Giang.
Therefore, the governments of localities must enhance inspections into production facilities in their localities and seriously comply with the instructions of the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and maintain control over the assessment of the transmission risk at the workplaces and dormitories of laborers and other anti-pandemic measures.
- 40 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases confirmed
- Eight new Covid-19 cases detected at National Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- Vietnam records biggest single-day rise in Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports nine imported, 10 locally-transmitted cases of Covid-19
- Vietnam reports 14 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 cases rise by 20
- 14 more Covid-19 cases confirmed in Haiphong, Hai Duong, Quang Ninh
- Covid-19 pandemic spreads to 19 localities in Vietnam
- Vietnam reports 15 new domestic Covid-19 infections