The patient arrived in the neighbouring country early last year and worked at a karaoke bar in Vientiane, one of the locations related to a confirmed COVID-19 patient, who was said to have caused this coronavirus outbreak in Laos.
She tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus on April 28 and was admitted for treatment at Setthathirath Hospital in Vientiane on April 30.
On May 8, the Vietnamese Embassy in Laos asked the Ministry of Health of Vietnam to support Setthathirath Hospital via a remote medical examination and treatment system after the patient showed a bad prognosis. However, she passed away died at around 1am on May 9.
The Vietnamese Embassy in Laos is currently cooperating with the Vietnamese Association in Vientiane and local authorities to support the patient's family.
- An overseas Vietnamese becomes Laos first Covid 19 death
- COVID-19 patient illegally enters Vietnam from Laos, spreads virus to 2 others
- Laos strengthens COVID-19 prevention measures
- First COVID-19 patient to have died in Vietnam
- Vietnamese students in Laos get support amid COVID-19
- One more COVID-19 patient dies, tally now at 18
- One former COVID-19 patient dies due to serious chronic diseases
- One more COVID-19 patient dies, raising total fatalities to 16
- COVID-19: Critically ill patient in Da Nang on ECMO life support