The 15 new cases have been found at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hanoi’s Đong Anh District (06), Dak lak (1), HaNam (01), Lang Son (02), and Bac Giang (05) province, Health Ministry reported.
Yesterday night, the country also confirmed 65 new domestic Covid-19 infections in 13 provinces and cities.
Hanoi took the lead with 22, followed by northern province of Bac Ninh (17), Da Nang (8), Vinh Phuc Province (7) and Hung Yen Province (3), both in the north.
Hai Phong, Quang Ninh, Bac Giang, Hai Duong, Thai Binh, Nam Dinh, Quang Nam provinces and Hue reported one case each.
Related: Vietnam reported a record number of new COVID-19 infections in a day
Among 22 confirmed cases in Hanoi, 14 are patients, and family members of patients at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases, which has been put under lockdown after the frontline hospital in the Covid-19 fight became a coronavirus hotspot.
The remaining cases in Hanoi had come in contact with previously confirmed Covid-19 patients or are linked to the outbreaks at K Hospital in Tan Trieu District and Thuan Thanh District of Bac Ninh Province.
The new cases in Da Nang City are those having previously contacted with confirmed Covid-19 patients.
In Vinh Phuc Province, the new cases are linked to a group of Chinese experts found infected with the coronavirus after returning to China.
In other localities, most of the patients had also come into contact with previously confirmed Covid-19 cases or are linked outbreaks, according VNExpress.
- Eight new Covid-19 cases detected at National Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- Vietnam reported a record number of new COVID-19 infections in a day
- 15 new community cases reported in Bac Ninh and Hanoi on Saturday morning
- Covid-19 continues to rage as new community-infected cases soar by 65
- Vietnam confirmed nine more Covid-19 community transmissions Wednesday morning
- Number of Covid-19 infections continues rising in Vietnam, Hanoi reports third case
- Two more localities in Vietnam record new Covid-19 cases
- Local COVID-19 infections spread to 12 provinces, cities in Vietnam
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 infections exceed 3,000