Amidst the complex Covid-19 situation in Laos, Son La, Thanh Hoa Provinces and the Vietnamese Consulate General in Luang Prabang provided financial aid and medical supplies to Houaphanh and Luang Prabang Provinces.
Vietnamese enterprises in Laos collaborates with local authorities to fight pandemic
Vietnamese Embassy in Laos gives presents to Vietnamese students
COVID-19 fight: Friendship Associations raising funds to support India, Laos, Cambodia
Ten Tan border guard station handed over medical supplies to the Military High Command of Houaphanh Province and the interdisciplinary station of the Somvan border gate. Photo: Bao Thanh Hoa
On the morning of May 7, at landmark No.281 at the Ten Tan border gate, Ten Tan border guard station handed over medical supplies to the Military High Command of Houaphanh Province and the interdisciplinary station of the Somvan border gate.
The gift includes 2.500 face masks, hand sanitizers, and other essentials.
The two sides briefed each other on the Covid-19 prevention and control while agreeing to continue strengthening cooperation in fighting Covid-19 in the border.
Also on May 6, at landmark No. 207 at the Chieng Khuong border gate (Song Ma District, Son La Province), Son La Border Guard High Command presented medical supplies to the Military High Command and Police of Houaphanh province.
The aid to each Lao unit consists of 1,000 cloth face masks, 1,000 medical masks, 50 hand sanitizers, and 200 sets of protective clothing and one electronic thermometer.
Colonel Ca Van Lap, Political Commissar of the Son La Border Guard High Command said the gift was hoped to contribute to the neighboring country’s efforts in stemming the pandemic.
Leaders of Houaphanh Police and Military High Command expressed their thanks to Son La Border Guard High Command for its valuable and timely assistance, wishing that the two provinces’ armed forces would collaborate and share experience in the Covid-19 prevention and control.
Representative from the Vietnamese Consulate General in Luang Prabang on May 6 also gifted 50 million kips ($5,300) and medical supplies worth 10 million kips to the province’s representative to support it in the Covid-19 battle.
The assistance was contributed by staff of the Vietnamese Consulate General in Luang Prabang along with the Vietnamese community and enterprises in the province.
The Consulate General also presented foodstuff, face masks and hand sanitizers to Vietnamese students in Luang Prabang.
- Three drivers quarantined after close contact with Laotian Covid-19 case
- USD 25 600 donated for equipment purchase for Friendship Primary School in Champasak Laos
- Two human traffickers prosecuted in Lang Son
- Prevention of and fight against COVID-19 epidemic at the border
- Vietnamese students in Laos get support amid COVID-19
- HCMC gives long An, Binh Phuoc US$104,000 financial aid to fight Covid-19
- Crossing Indochina Road Trip - Part 2: Discovering Laos along NH13 and heading to Cambodia
- Vietnam-funded high school handed over to Lao school
- Cha Lo Border Gate Economic Zone broken after landslide
- COVID-19: Vietnam provides medical supplies to Myanmar