Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh speaks at the meeting - PHOTO: VGP
HCMC - Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh said local governments should minimize the impact of social distancing on socioeconomic development, ensure the regular transportation of goods and avoid panic among the community.
Addressing a meeting between the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control and leaders of 63 cities and provinces on May 7, Chinh asked all localities to tighten anti-virus measures as the pandemic has spread to 19 cities and provinces in the country.
The PM spoke highly of ministries’ and departments’ efforts to keep a close eye on the Covid-19 situation and promptly issue proper guidelines. However, the carelessness and complacence of some localities as well as the citizens has led to the latest Covid-19 outbreak.
Chinh requested that all ministries, departments and citizens unite to fight off the pandemic.
In terms of vaccination, Chinh said access to Covid-19 vaccines is limited due to the global scarcity. He asked the Ministry of Health to mobilize all resources to buy more Covid-19 vaccine doses and accelerate vaccination.
The PM said all localities must keep calm and take proper measures based on their specific situation.
People should continue strictly complying with preventive measures, especially wearing face masks in public places, keeping a safe physical distance from each other, washing hands regularly, avoiding large gatherings and doing health declarations.
According to the Government leader, the latest Covid-19 outbreak is more complicated than previous outbreaks, requiring stronger efforts and determination.
Chinh said Thai Binh Province should carefully consider imposing social distancing if need be.
The PM asked the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control to make Covid-19 prevention measures, policies and responsibilities more specific and easier to understand. Besides, localities must ensure safety for the upcoming elections.
- Highest priority now lies on Covid-19 prevention, control: PM
- PM Pham Minh Chinh chairs first regular Government meeting
- Health Minister Covid 19 situation very alarming
- Pham Minh Chinh elected Prime Minister of Vietnam
- PM orders stronger measures to combat Covid-19
- Pham Minh Chinh sworn in as Vietnam's new prime minister
- Pham Minh Chinh becomes the Vietnam’s new prime minister
- Pham Minh Chinh elected as Prime Minister of Vietnam
- COVID-19 fight, NA election high on Cabinet meeting’s agenda
- Vietnam prepares for 30,000 Covid-19 infections scenario