The benchmark VN-Index on the Hồ Chí Minh Stock Exchange rose 0.85 per cent to close at 868.47 points. — Photo tinnhanhchungkhoan.vn
Vietnamese shares rose on Tuesday morning following the positive movements of the US stock market during Monday’s overnight trading.
The benchmark VN-Index on the Hồ Chí Minh Stock Exchange rose 0.85 per cent to close at 868.47 points.
It had gained 1.22 per cent to close Monday at 857.94 points.
Nearly 192 million shares were traded on the southern market, worth VNĐ3.3 trillion (US$143 million).
On the US stock market, the Dow Jones Industrial Average on Monday rose 1.78 per cent to 26,287.03, the S&P 500 gained 1.59 per cent to 3,179.72 and the Nasdaq Composite added 2.21 per cent to 10,433.65.
The VN30 Index, which tracks the performance of the 30 largest stocks by market capitalisation and liquidity on HoSE, rose 0.84 per cent to close Tuesday morning at 810.18 points.
Gainers in the VN-30 basket were Bank for Investment and Development of Viet Nam (BID), Bao Viet Holdings (BVH), Vietinbank (CTG), PetroVietnam Gas JSC (GAS), FPT Corporation (FPT), Hoa Phat Group (HPG), Military Bank (MBB), Mobile World Group (MWG) and Masan Group (MSN).
On the Ha Noi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index rose 0.01 per cent to end Tuesday morning at 114.22 points.
The index had risen 1.37 per cent to end Monday at 113.07 points.
More than 21.9 million shares were traded on the two exchanges, worth VNĐ323 trillion.
Afternoon trading starts at 1pm. — VNS
- Shares gain on the growth of blue-chips
- Shares gain for third day in a row
- Shares dip on large-cap failures
- Shares move up as investors hunt mid, small-cap shares
- Shares rise on morning trade
- Shares volatile as large caps drop
- Shares continue rally on the back of blue-chip stocks
- VN stocks increase as retail, banking and brokerage industries up
- Shares reverse gains to end lower