Firefighters extinguish the fire breaking out at a house in HCMC’s District 11 and killing eight people - PHOTO: DTO
HCMC - Eight people were killed in a fire that broke out at a three-floor house in HCMC’s District 11 this afternoon, May 7.
The deadly blaze occurred in Alley 47 on Lac Long Quan Street at around 5 p.m. and was extinguished at 6:12 p.m. on the same day, according to the HCMC Fire Fighting and Prevention Police Division.
Among the eight victims, three were found on the ground floor, four in the restroom on the second floor and another at the foot of the stairs, the local media reported.
The house has only one door, so they could not escape from the fire and finally lost their lives.
Eyewitnesses said the fire was fierce. They tried to put out the fire and rescue the victims but in vain.
Nearly 100 firefighters and 18 fire trucks were sent to the site for rescue efforts. As they arrived and extinguished the fire, the eight people inside the house had already died.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 8 people found dead after huge fire in District 11
- HCMC Party Chief visits victims, site of fatal fire
- Three killed in production workshop fire in Bac Ninh
- Baby shop fire kills four in Hanoi
- Fierce fire rages at chemical firm in Dong Nai
- Music club fire kills six in Nghe An
- Fire engulfs houses in HCM City
- Blaze at baby goods shop in Hanoi kills at least four
- Fire caused by gas cylinder explosion kills four in Haiphong