Alley No. 359, Le Van Sy Street, District 3 has been put on lockdown – PHOTO: MINISTRY OF HEALTH
HCMC – The local authorities have locked down Alley No. 359, Le Van Sy Street, Ward 13, District 3, HCMC, since early this morning, May 7, after a man living there tested positive for Covid-19 again.
The man, who is from the Mekong Delta province of An Giang, lived in a four-storey house at 359/1/31A Le Van Sy Street. The house accommodates 18 people and the ground floor is a pet shop.
Alley No. 359 is home to 61 households with 255 people, including 210 permanent residents.
According to director of the HCMC Department of Health Nguyen Tan Binh, the man returned to Vietnam from Cambodia in early March. After undergoing quarantine and treatment in Ha Tien City, Kien Giang Province, he came back to his hometown in An Giang for a further 14-day self isolation at home. However, Binh said the patient did not self isolate for 14 days.
He returned to HCMC on April 19 and visited several venues in the city. On May 6, he took a Covid-19 test as he wanted to travel abroad to work and tested positive for Covid-19 again. The patient was then sent to the Cu Chi Field Hospital for treatment.
Up to now, HCMC has reported 264 Covid-19 cases. Among them, 240 have made a full recovery.
The latest locally transmitted Covid-19 case of HCMC was reported on April 29 and had close contact with a Covid-19 patient in Ha Nam Province. All the people who came into contact with the new case have tested negative for Covid-19.
- Coffee shop on Bui Vien Street under lockdown due to new Covid-19 case
- Hanoi fences off alley after resident tests positive for COVID-19
- Hanoi cordons off alley after resident tests positive for COVID-19
- HCMC reports one Covid-19 case
- Vung Tau detects two close contacts of Ha Nam Covid-19 patient
- Fourteen new cases send Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally to 2,617
- COVID-19 patient in Phu Quoc fully recovers
- Mekong Delta province quickly tracks down contacts of Covid-19 imported case
- HCMC leader wants restaurant closed for anti-Covid-19 rule violations
- Eight illegal immigrants verified to enter Vietnam with patient 1,440