The National Hospital for Tropical Diseases’ campus in Dong Anh District, Hanoi, has been locked down – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - The Ministry of Health this morning, May 6, confirmed eight new Covid-19 cases at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases, raising the number of infections detected at this hotspot to 22.
The frontline hospital reported the first case on Wednesday after a doctor working at the Resuscitation and Emergency Ward tested positive for Covid-19 after an overseas trip.
The hospital has been put under lockdown since May 5. All people visiting both of the hospital’s campuses in Dong Anh and Dong Da districts from April 14 to May 4 are asked to immediately contact the nearest health authorities.
According to the Ministry of Health, the source of infection at the hospital has not been identified. A leader of the hospital said cross infection among Covid-19 patients undergoing treatment and others inside the hospital could be the reason.
The National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology and the Hanoi Department of Health are collaborating to detect the source of infection at the hospital.
The Hanoi Center for Diseases Control said the Covid-19 patients reported at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases come from eight localities including Hanoi, Quang Ninh, Hung Yen, Phu Tho, Bac Ninh, Bac Giang, Hai Duong and Thai Binh.
With eight new cases reported at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally rose to 3,030 as of this morning.
- Frontline hospital stops receiving inpatients after doctor tests positive for Covid-19
- Vietnam confirms eight new Covid-19 cases, all linked to National Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- Leading COVID-19 treatment hospital under lockdown after doctor tests positive
- Hanoi lockdowns a frontline hospital as 14 people tested positive for Covid-19
- Eight more cases of COVID-19 recorded at Hanoi-based hospital
- Only 15 active COVID-19 patients undergoing treatment in Vietnam
- Hanoi hospital locked-down following Covid case
- Hanoi hospital locked down following Covid-19 case found
- Six last COVID-19 patients treated at National Hospital for Tropical Diseases No.2
- Hai Duong dissolves last field hospital