Chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong visits the Opera House metro station in the stretch from Nguyen Hue to Dong Khoi Street and the B1 basement under the Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien metro project. (Photo:Hoang Hung)
The Ho Chi Minh City Management Authority for Urban Railways (MAUR) yesterday informed the information.
Particularly, there are 82 experts from different countries with purposes of long-term working in the office, participating in the management, installation, execution at the construction site have not been allowed the entrance to Vietnam since March 18.
In addition, 18 Japanese experts planning to accompany with the metro train by seaway were also unable to enter Vietnam.
These experts were prioritized to send to Vietnam for installing the rails and preparing for the import of metro trains as well as testing the information systems, signals, technical inspection, maintenance, etc.
According to MAUR, foreign experts having not been allowed to enter Vietnam for working at CP3 bidding package that has greatly affected the project as the first train was still sent to HCMC for testing in the third quarter of this year as expected.
As this reason, the speed of construction is also affected.
Head of MAUR Bui Xuan Cuong said that Hitachi had an official letter on July 1, featuring creating conditions for 18 Japanese experts to enter the country soon to prepare for bringing the metro train to Vietnam.
The latest list that the Municipal People’s Committee sent the Immigration Department under Ministry of Public Security on visa entry issuance for foreign experts to Vietnam had engineers of Hitachi contractor.
By Quoc Hung- Translated by Huyen Huong
- Foreign experts enter Vietnam to run HCM City metro line project
- First HCM City metro train set for Vietnam
- HCMC urges quick disbursement of Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien metro line project
- The first metro line in Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh city is getting ready for launching?
- Inside HCM City‚Äôs first metro train
- HCM City metro route‚Äôs first train leaves Japan for Vietnam
- Personnel training begins for HCM City’s first metro route
- Handing over the construction of metro line No. 2 Ben Thanh – Tham Luong
- HCMC’s first metro line will have fares of VND7,000-12,000
- HCM City first metro line scheduled to near completion by year-end