Vietnamese people in Malaysia wait for the flight home on July 5
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the flight was arranged by authorities of the two countries and the national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines.
The passengers include children aged under 18, the elderly, people with illness, pregnant women and workers whose labour contracts had expired.
All the passengers and the flight crew members were sent to quarantine upon arrival in line with regulations on Covid-19 prevention and control.
This is the 34th repatriation flight since April 24, transporting about 9,230 passengers from foreign countries and territories, official data showed.
In the coming days, more flights willbe arranged to repatriate Vietnamese citizens from other virus-hitcountries.
- Nearly 250 more Vietnamese citizens return from Malaysia
- Over 220 Vietnamese citizens return from Japan
- Nearly 350 Vietnamese citizens brought home safely from Australia and New Zealand
- Over 230 Vietnamese citizens return home from Thailand
- Hundreds of Vietnamese citizens return from the US and Brunei
- 280 Vietnamese citizens return home from Australia
- Over 130 Vietnamese citizens return from Africa and Malaysia
- Around 350 Vietnamese citizens from Australia and New Zealand repatriated home
- 290 Vietnamese citizens flown home from Malaysia