Michael Ryan told reporters on Saturday that the figures hardly lie and the actual situation of the disease is obvious, stressing his concerns about the fact that many countries are ignoring the actual data.
The COVID-19 pandemic can not disappear miraculously, Mr. Ryan said, warning of the possibility of the second wave if the governments are too focused on restoring the new normal. He also said more people will die when the health system is overloaded.
- China reported 22 new coronavirus cases in a single day, WHO warns pandemic is accelerating
- COVID-19: WHO warns worst yet to come
- China warns of unknown pneumonia deadlier than COVID-19
- 60 pct reduction on business conditions merely theoretical: VCCI
- June 14: British pilot Covid-19 patient in Vietnam recovers ‘miraculously’
- India passes 500,000 coronavirus cases