The US remains the hardest hit country with 2.9 million cases and 132,000 fatalities. The country has confirmed 43,000 new cases within the past 24 hours, according to John Hopskin University.
Mexico has recorded 30,000 COVID-19 deaths, overtaking France as the country with the fifth-highest death toll since the coronavirus outbreak began. Mexico’s number of COVID-19 deaths is behind those of the US, Brazil, the UK and Italy.
Japan on Saturday reported 274 new infections of COVID-19 across the country, the highest recorded in a day since the country lifted the emergency status on May 25.
- No new COVID-19 cases over 12 hours, death toll at 25
- Global coronavirus deaths ?top 900000 as worldwide cases topped 27.7 million
- Global COVID-19: US sees new record, Britain announces lockdown
- COVID-19: No new cases reported, Vietnam has 15 fatalities
- Coronavirus updates: Cases rise in China, South Korea and Egypt
- Europe is gripped by a second wave of the coronavirus pandemic
- COVID-19: Two patients die, death toll rises to 34
- Two more COVID-19 fatalities reported, death toll at 13
- June 22 Coronavirus news Over 43 million people recovered from Covid 19