Vietnamese Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong held phone talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday to discuss the two nations’ relationship, the Vietnam News Agency reported.
During the conversation, General Secretary Trong told President Putin about the outcomes of the 13th National Party Congress ending in February, Vietnam’s progress after 35 years of national reform, as well as the country’s visions, targets, and orientations for future development.
The Vietnamese Party and state always treasure the traditional friendship and comprehensive strategic partnership with Russia.
The Party chief hoped that the bilateral ties will grow fruitfully for the sake of the two peoples and contribute to regional and global peace and development.
President Putin congratulated Trong on his re-election as General Secretary of Vietnam’s Party Central Committee for the 13th tenure and Nguyen Xuan Phuc on his election as State President of the country.
The two leaders highlighted that the Vietnam - Russia relations have been thriving in almost all fields and agreed on taking specific measures to foster cooperation in security, defense, energy, oil and gas, economic matters, trade, education and training, and tourism.
They laid special emphasis on further collaboration in COVID-19 prevention and control via mutual support regarding vaccine research and production.
Both sides agreed on building healthy international relationships, mutual respect, friendship, equality, and mutually beneficial cooperation, as well as settling disagreement through dialogue and peaceful measures.
Vietnam and Russia will continue to collaborate more effectively at regional and international forums for peace, stability, and development in Asia - Pacific and the world. The Vietnamese Party chief took the occasion to invite the Russian president to make an official visit to Vietnam this year.
President Putin accepted the invitation with pleasure.
- Party chief holds phone talks with Russian President
- Top leader holds phone talks with new Secretary General of Lao People’s Revolutionary Party
- Vietnam and Laos Top leaders hold phone talks
- Vietnam treasures cooperative relations with Russia: Party chief
- Top leader holds phone talks with Chinese counterpart
- Countries leaders offer congratulations to Party General Secretary President Nguyen Phu Trong
- Putin set to visit Vietnam, thanks government for COVID-19 assistance
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc holds talks with Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin
- Lao Party leader wraps up Vietnam visit
- Party Central Committee convenes 14th Plenum