At the scene (Photo: Xinhua)
ASEAN countries affirmed solidarity with Myanmar and pledged cooperation with and support for the country, the statement said while expressing the belief that Myanmar would quickly overcome the consequence of the disaster. Caused by the monsoon rains, the jade mine landslide occurred at 8:00am (Myanmar time) on July 2, with all victims being jade scavengers. The death toll from accident has climbed to at least 160.
- Vietnam offers US$100,000 in aid to help China overcome consequences of natural disasters
- Vietnam to offer medical supplies to help Myanmar fight COVID-19
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers issue statement on Lebanon explosion
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ statement sympathizes with China over severe floods
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers issue statement expressing sympathies and condolences over Beirut port blast
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers condemn terrorist bombings in Philippines