Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong held phone talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin on April 5, during which the leaders informed each other about recent major affairs and achievements of the two nations.
Party General Secretary Trong told Russian President Putin about the outcomes of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV)’s 13th National Congress, Vietnam’s progress after 35 years of national reform, as well as the country’s visions, targets and orientations for future development, among others.
Expressing his gratitude toward Russia’s support for Vietnam, the Party leader stated the Vietnamese Party and State always value the traditional friendship and comprehensive strategic partnership with Russia. He hoped the bilateral ties to grow fruitfully for the sake of the two countries' people in contribution to regional and global peace and development.
For his part, Russian President Putin congratulated Party General Secretary Trong on his re-election as General Secretary of the CPV Central Committee for the 13th tenure and Nguyen Xuan Phuc on his election as State President of Vietnam.
Both leaders stressed that the Vietnam – Russia relations have been thriving in almost all fields and that the sides will continue taking specific measures to foster their cooperation in security, defence, energy, oil & gas, economy, trade, education and training, and tourism.
They laid special emphasis on further collaboration in COVID-19 prevention and control via mutual support regarding vaccine research and production.
The leaders shared a common stance on the need of building healthy international relationships of mutual respect, friendship, equality, mutually beneficial cooperation; and settling disagreements through dialogues and peaceful measures in the current international context.
Vietnam and Russia will continue to collaborate more effectively at regional and international forums for peace, stability and development in Asia - Pacific and the world, they said.
The Vietnamese Party chief took the occasion to invite Russian President Putin to officially visit Vietnam this year and attend the closing ceremony of the Vietnam Year in Russia and the Russia Year in Vietnam. The Russian President accepted the invitation with pleasure.
- Vietnamese Party chief, Russian president hold phone talks on bilateral cooperation
- Top leader holds phone talks with new Secretary General of Lao People’s Revolutionary Party
- Vietnam treasures cooperative relations with Russia: Party chief
- Top leader holds phone talks with Chinese counterpart
- Vietnam and Laos Top leaders hold phone talks
- Countries leaders offer congratulations to Party General Secretary President Nguyen Phu Trong
- Putin set to visit Vietnam, thanks government for COVID-19 assistance
- Vietnam Russia armies beef up cooperation in political education
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc holds talks with Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin