About 454 out of 455 deputies taking part in the session voted for the bill.
The amended bill has eight chapters and 55 articles which regulate drug prevention and control, management of illicit drug users, and treatment of drug users.
Legislation also classifies the responsibility of individuals, families, and agencies in drug prevention and control, as well as State management and international cooperation in the domain.
The bill will take effect as of January 1, 2022.
- Young drug users on the rise in HCMC, Da Nang
- Legislators to discuss socio-economic development issues
- Hai Phong City’s police seize over 665 kilograms of drug
- Four drug traffickers from Laos arrested in Thanh Hoa
- Hanoi drug tests bus drivers
- Drug prevention officer arrested for dealing drugs in north-central Vietnam
- Vietnam disapproves of legalised drug use
- 31 kg Cambodia drug haul captured in Mekong Delta
- 160,000 HIV-infected people set to receive ARV treatment