Tubes of liquid rat bait that the two primary students drank, leaving one of them dead – PHOTO: PLO
HCMC – An eight-year-old boy died in Dong Nai Province, while another, aged 7, is being treated at the Dong Nai Children’s Hospital after drinking liquid rat bait which resembles a soft drink, the hospital said on March 29.
Earlier at 9.00 p.m. on March 27, the hospital admitted the two child patients, who were identified as L.H.P and V.N.D.Q, residing in Bien Hoa City, the local media reported.
While being admitted to the hospital, P. went into a coma and convulsion and suffered lower blood pressure and cardiac arrhythmia. Despite doctors’ treatment efforts, the patient was reported dead some hours later.
Meanwhile, Q. suffered from a headache and vomiting, so he was transferred to the Department of Neurological Hematology. He is still being monitored.
On March 27, the two primary students collected a tube of pink water and drank it as they thought that it was a soft drink, which led to the poisoning, said Q.
Some doctors at the Dong Nai Children’s Hospital said that the tube of pink water without any label was China’s liquid rat bait that was banned for use.
- Gia Lai student dies of diphtheria, over 100 others quarantined
- Three students killed in school gate collapse in Lao Cai
- Six suffer from poisoning after eating vegetarian pâté
- Critical British Covid-19 patient regains consciousness, smiles to doctors
- Vietnam reports three imported Covid-19 cases
- One dead, 20 injured in coach collision in Nghe An
- HCM City hospital successfully performs heart transplant
- Vietnamese hospital temporarily locked down as man dies from lung problems
- Critically ill coronavirus patient recovers from disease