Party General Secretary and State President Nguyen Phu Trong speaks at the session.
NDO/VNA – The second plenum of the 13th-tenure Party Central Committee opened in Hanoi on March 8 under the chair of Party General Secretary and State President Nguyen Phu Trong.
In the morning, members of the committee discussed in groups the working agenda of the committee throughout the 13th tenure after listening to a proposal on the agenda, which was presented by Politburo member and permanent member of the Party Central Committee's Secretariat Vo Van Thuong.
In the afternoon, they attended a plenary session to listen to the Politburo’s proposal on the completion of the nomination of candidates for a number of leadership positions in State agencies in the 14th tenure of the 2016-2021 term and the 15th tenure of the 2021-2026 term.
After that, members of the Party Central Committee discussed in groups this proposal which had previously been presented Politburo member and Chairman of the Party Central Committee's Organisation Commission Pham Minh Chinh.
The plenum of the Party Central Committee is scheduled to conclude on March 9.
- 13th Party Central Committee convenes second plenum
- Party Central Committee’s 15th plenum focuses on personnel work
- Mr. Nguyen Phu Trong re-elected as Party General Secretary of 13th tenure
- All agenda items of 12th Party Central Committee’s 14th plenum completed
- Party Central Committee convenes 14th Plenum
- Party Central Committee’s 15th plenum ends earlier than expected
- Vietnam Party nominates candidates for next term top positions
- 13th PCC’s second plenum considers candidates for leading positions
- Party Central Committee meets to introduce candidates to Politburo, Secretariat
- Party Central Committee’s 15th plenum starts