A medical worker takes a sample from a man for Covid-19 testing. Vietnam reported six new Covid-19 cases this evening – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The Health Ministry has confirmed six new imported Covid-19 cases in Binh Duong, Tay Ninh and Kien Giang provinces, sending Vietnam’s caseload to 2,494 as of this evening, March 5.
Tay Ninh Province had one new case, a 52-year-old woman residing in Truong Tay Commune, Hoa Thanh Town that entered the province through Moc Bai International Border Gate on February 22. The patient is being treated at Tay Ninh General Hospital.
Four new Covid-19 patients, aged between 24 and 28, were reported in Kien Giang Province. They entered the province through Ha Tien Border Gate on February 27 and March 3. They are undergoing treatment at Ha Tien City medical center.
A 43-year-old Chinese expert became the latest Covid-19 case in Binh Duong Province. He arrived at the Tan Son Nhat International Airport in HCMC on Flight BR391 on February 19 and was immediately transported to Binh Duong Province for quarantine. He is being treated at Binh Duong Province General Hospital.
All of the new patients were immediately quarantined after arriving in Vietnam, posing no risk of community transmission.
- Vietnam has seven new Covid-19 patients
- Health Ministry confirms three new Covid-19 patients
- Twenty-one new Covid-19 cases reported in four localities
- Thirty-one new cases reported in seven localities
- Vietnam reports 13 new Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 cases rise by 16
- One fresh Covid-19 imported case reported
- Eight new Covid-19 cases diagnosed tonight
- Vietnam reports 20 new Covid-19 cases