“In June, 120,000 jobs were created, including 1,400 in agro-aqua-forestry product processing. This sends a positive signal that in the third quarter 55.4 million people will have a job, similar to the first quarter. Some labor export markets will reopen in July and August, promising a 10-15% increase in employment. A large number of workers will be hired by the e-commerce, electronic assembling, and textile sectors,” Minister Dung said.
Minister Dung said social security packages worth 750 million USD have been given to 16 million people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, most of them poor or near-poor people or revolutionary contributors.
- Minister of Labor War Invalids and Social Affairs Dao Ngoc Dung Biography and Working History
- The labor market shows signs of recovery during the 3rd quarter
- Over seven million Vietnamese workers can lose jobs
- HCMC Labor Dept proposes supporting 230,000 workers affected by Covid-19
- Nearly 31mln workers in Vietnam hit by pandemic, unemployment rate could rise
- Work resumption rate in Vietnam reaches 70-75%: labour minister
- Enterprises in textiles, footwear are having a ‘headache’ with the problem of labor and employment
- 1,427 workers from Dong Thap waiting for labor export
- 7.8 million Vietnamese workers’ jobs affected by COVID-19