INEOS Automotive on Wednesday revealed the exterior design of the Grenadier, its forthcoming 4×4 vehicle.
Built from the ground up on an all-new platform, the car has been designed to be a rugged, capable and comfortable go-anywhere working vehicle, the company said in a release.
Toby Ecuyer, head of design, said: “The brief was simple. We set out to design a modern, functional and highly capable 4×4 vehicle with utility at its core.
“A design that is ‘easy-to-read’, with no ambiguity about the Grenadier’s role in life. There to do everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Nothing is for show. Modern engineering and production techniques ensure the Grenadier is highly capable, but we have been able to stay true to the essence of creating a utilitarian vehicle that will stand the test of time.”
Dirk Heilmann, INEOS Automotive’s CEO, said: “We are delighted to be able to share the design of the Grenadier so early in the process. Most manufacturers would hold back, but we are a new business, building a new brand, and we want to take people with us on this exciting journey.
“Showing the design now allows us to focus on the critical next phase of the vehicle’s development, testing its capability and durability. We have a very challenging programme ahead as we put prototypes through their paces in all conditions on the way to accumulating some 1.8 million test kilometres over the coming year.
“From today the covers are off. Testing ‘in plain sight’ without the need for camouflage wrapping, foam blocks or fake panels is an added benefit.”
The Grenadier project started by identifying a gap in the market for a utilitarian off-road vehicle. — VNS
- INEOS Styrolution's Luran S selected by BYD Auto for rear spoiler application
- Chris Froome to leave Team Ineos at end of season
- All-Electric Kia EV6 wins 2023 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year™
- Kia EV9 SUV Exterior Teased in Video Clips
- Yamaha launches a brand new scooter mannequin: Highly effective design, ‘overwhelming’ Honda Air Blade
- Felix Kilbertus is Pininfarina's new Chief Creative Officer
- Yamaha’s new electrical automotive mannequin causes a fever with its fancy design, the identical value as Honda SH
- Yamaha launches electrical automotive: Fancy design, value equal to Honda SH125
- Kia EV9 2024 revealed with comfortable design, spectacular quick charging capacity