Two people were confirmed dead on Sunday after they were swept away while swimming at a beach in south-central Vietnam the day before.
Rescuers found the bodies of Pham Thanh T., 29, and Nguyen Thi T.B., 30, on Sunday afternoon, the Vietnam News Agency reported.
T. hailed from the south-central province of Binh Dinh while B. came from Hoc Mon District, Ho Chi Minh City.
T. and B. had traveled with two others from Ho Chi Minh City to Phan Thiet, about 200km apart, in south-central Binh Thuan Province for a vacation on Saturday.
The four checked in at their hotel and went to the beach for a swim at around 6:00 pm that day.
All of them were swept away by strong waves, with rescuers managing to take only two to the shore safe and sound.
T. and B. went missing before being found dead.
- Three people drown at Quang Nam beach
- Rescuers find eight dead bodies out of 22 missing soldiers in Quang Tri
- Rescuers find 14 dead bodies out of 22 missing soldiers in Quang Tri
- Rescuers find four dead bodies out of more than 20 missing soldiers in Quang Tri
- Binh Thuan builds two coastal roads
- Indonesian crew member dies, four others injured off central Vietnam coast
- Two female tourists found dead at Lam Dong national park
- Runners to be tested by Mũi Né dunes course
- Lighthouse keepers swept away by strong wave