The benchmark VN-Index on the Hồ Chí Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE) lost 0.47 per cent to close at 839.53 points. — Photo tinnhanhchungkhoan.vn
Shares failed to maintain upward trend on Thursday morning as large-caps weighed on indices.
The benchmark VN-Index on the Hồ Chí Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE) lost 0.47 per cent to close at 839.53 points.
The index recouped 2.23 per cent to close Wednesday at 843.49 points after losing 5.4 per cent in the previous six sessions.
Large-cap stocks pulled the market down as the blue chip tracker VN30-Index declined by 0.49 per cent to 782.98 points.
Twenty of the 30 largest stocks by market capitalisation and trading liquidity in the VN30 basket declined while ten increased.
Among declining large-caps were Bank for Investment and Development of Viet Nam (BID), Vietinbank (CTG), FPT Corporation (FPT), PetroVietnam Gas JSC (GAS), Military Bank (MBB), Mobile World Group (MWG), Novaland (NVL), Phu Nhuan Jewelry (PNJ), Techcombank (TCB), Vingroup (VIC), and Vietjet (VJC).
On the Ha Noi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index also declined 0.19 per cent to close Thursday morning at 111.48 points.
The northern market index gained 1.75 per cent after three-day losses, closing Wednesday at 111.69 points. — VNS
- Shares dip on large-cap failures
- Shares volatile as large caps drop
- Shares continue rally on the back of blue-chip stocks
- Shares rise on the rally of global stocks
- Shares gain for third day in a row
- Local shares slip again, large-caps lead the drop
- VN stocks drop for a third day
- Stocks head up, large-caps advance on strong purchasing power
- Large-cap stocks lift VN market