Ho Chi Minh City Television (HTV) has kick-started a campaign to raise funds for Vietnam to buy COVID-19 vaccines in the hope of soon ending the coronavirus pandemic.
The pathogen re-emerged in Vietnam in January after the country had spent nearly two months detecting zero local infections.
A total of 811 community cases have been detected in 13 provinces and cities since January 27.
Vietnam has recorded 2,403 COVID-19 cases as of Wednesday morning, with 1,760 recoveries and 35 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health.
The whole country is striving to focus all resources on the government’s dual goal: suppressing COVID-19 and developing the national economy at the same time, HTV said in a statement.
The Vietnamese healthcare sector is speeding up the clinical trials of domestically-made vaccines while the government has been negotiating with international partners on the purchase of their jabs in order to soon roll out mass inoculation.
For this cause, HTV has launched the ‘Chung Mot Tam Long’ (One United Heart) drive to call for contributions and donations from organizations, businesses, and individuals to help Vietnam buy coronavirus vaccines.
Anyone who wants to donate can do so via the ‘Chung Mot Tam Long’ drive’s bank account number 116000090648 at VietinBank, Branch 7, Ho Chi Minh City, with the transfer description reading UNGHOMUAVACCINE.
The bank account will be open for contributions and donations from February 25 to March 31, HTV noted.
Benefactors can donate directly at HTV at 14 Dinh Tien Hoang Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Vietnam confirms 15 local coronavirus infections, 90 recoveries in same province
- Over 80% of cases in Vietnam’s current coronavirus wave are asymptomatic: ministry
- From which partners will Vietnam buy Covid-19 vaccine?
- Vietnam reports 49 domestic coronavirus cases on second day of new lunar year
- Vietnam detects 46 local coronavirus infections in Hanoi, four other provinces
- Local COVID-19 infections spread to 12 provinces, cities in Vietnam
- Vietnam reported 49 local coronavirus infections and 51 recoveries on Thursday
- Vietnam’s first coronavirus vaccines will be available very soon
- Vietnam reports 15 more local COVID-19 cases, all in Hai Duong