A medical worker takes a sample from a man for Covid-19 testing. Vietnam reported two new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases in Hai Duong Province this morning - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally has amounted to 2,403 cases as of this morning, February 24, with two fresh cases by community transmission recorded in the northern province of Hai Duong, said the Ministry of Health.
The two new cases were linked to the Covid-19 cluster in Poyun Company in Chi Linh City. They had been quarantined before testing positive for Covid-19 and are now under treatment at the Field Hospital No.1 - Chi Linh City Medical Center.
According to the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control, Covid-19 has hit 13 provinces and cities in the latest outbreak, with Hai Duong reporting the highest number of patients at 627, followed by Quang Ninh, HCMC, Hanoi and Gia Lai.
Up to now, 1,760 Covid-19 patients in the country have fully recovered, including 43 people discharged from the hospital today. Among the active cases, 60 people have tested negative for Covid-19 for three times and 39 others tested negative twice.
More than 88,000 people that had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned to Vietnam from Covid-19-hit countries are being quarantined, with around 600 of them at hospitals.
- Three new Covid-19 community cases reported in Hai Duong
- Fifteen new Covid-19 cases reported in Hai Duong
- Hai Duong reports six new Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam diagnoses 18 fresh Covid-19 community cases
- Four fresh community-transmitted Covid-19 cases recorded
- Nine new locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases reported
- Two cases of local Covid-19 infection reported in Hai Duong
- 18 cases of Covid-19 reported in Hai Duong, Quang Ninh
- Vietnam has 40 new Covid-19 cases caused by community spread
- 40 fresh Covid-19 cases confirmed in Hai Duong, Hanoi