A health worker sprays disinfectant over a Covid-19 testing site. Vietnam reported three fresh locally-transmitted cases of Covid-19 this morning, February 23 – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally has amounted to 2,395 cases as of this morning, February 23, with three fresh cases by community transmission recorded in the northern province of Hai Duong, which is now the country’s biggest coronavirus hotspot, said the Health Ministry.
These new cases were linked to a coronavirus cluster in Kim Lien Commune of the province’s Kim Thanh District. They had been taken to a quarantine facility before and are now under treatment at the Field Hospital No.2 at the Hai Duong Medical Technical University.
Data from the ministry’s national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control showed that the deadly disease has hit 13 provinces and cities during the latest coronavirus wave, with Hai Duong reporting the highest number of patients at 620, followed by Quang Ninh, HCMC, Hanoi, Gia Lai.
Overall, 803 locally-infected cases have been recorded since January 27, raising the nation’s total number of community cases to 1,496 to date.
Further, 1,717 patients have been declared free of the virus, while fatalities remained at 35.
- Two cases of local Covid-19 infection reported in Hai Duong
- Four fresh community-transmitted Covid-19 cases recorded
- Vietnam diagnoses 18 fresh Covid-19 community cases
- Vietnam reports 37 new locally-infected cases in coronavirus hotspot
- Two fresh locally-infected cases of Covid-19 reported in Hanoi
- Haiphong, Hai Duong report nine fresh Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam has 40 new Covid-19 cases caused by community spread
- All nine fresh locally-infected cases of Covid-19 linked to Hai Duong
- Hai Duong reports 18 new Covid-19 cases