A medical worker conducts Covid-19 testing. Vietnam reported six new cases of Covid-19 in Hai Duong Province this evening - PHOTO: MINISTRY OF HEALTH
HCMC - The Ministry of Health announced six new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases in the northern province of Hai Duong this evening, February 20, taking the country’s tally to 2,368.
Hai Duong remained the country’s biggest Covid-19 hotspot in the latest outbreak with 596 cases reported since January 28.
The six new cases were close contacts of previously confirmed Covid-19 cases and had been quarantined before testing positive for the disease. Two of them are being treated at the Field Hospital No. 1 - Chi Linh City Medical Center and the other four at the Field Hospital No. 2 - Hai Duong Medical Technical University.
Up to now, Vietnam has reported 2,368 positive cases, including 776 local infections in 13 cities and provinces since January 28. To date, 1,627 patients have fully recovered. Among the active cases, 55 have tested negative for Covid-19 three times and 39 others’ test results came back negative twice.
More than 125,000 people that had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned to Vietnam from Covid-19-hit countries are being quarantined, with around 600 of them at hospitals.
- Fifteen new Covid-19 cases reported in Hai Duong
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally surpasses 2,000
- 40 fresh Covid-19 cases confirmed in Hai Duong, Hanoi
- Two cases of local Covid-19 infection reported in Hai Duong
- Hai Duong has 16 new cases of Covid-19
- Four fresh community-transmitted Covid-19 cases recorded
- Vietnam reports 14 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases
- 14 more Covid-19 cases confirmed in Haiphong, Hai Duong, Quang Ninh
- Hai Duong reports 18 new Covid-19 cases