A medical worker takes a sample from a man for Covid-19 testing. Vietnam reported 15 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases this evening - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - The Ministry of Health confirmed 15 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases in the northern province of Hai Duong this evening, February 19, taking the country’s tally to 2,362.
Hai Duong remained the country’s biggest Covid-19 hotspot in the latest outbreak with 590 cases reported since January 28.
Among the 15 fresh cases, 13 came into close contact with Covid-19 patients and had been quarantined before testing positive for Covid-19, one was detected in an area on lockdown and one was detected through screening at a hospital.
The patients are being treated at Chi Linh District Medical Center, the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases and the field hospital at Hai Duong Medical Technical University.
Up to now, Vietnam has reported 2,362 Covid-19 cases, including 770 local infections in 13 cities and provinces since January 28. To date, 1,627 Covid-19 patients have fully recovered. More than 140,000 people that had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned to Vietnam from Covid-19-hit countries are being quarantined, with around 600 of them at hospitals.
- 40 fresh Covid-19 cases confirmed in Hai Duong, Hanoi
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally surpasses 2,000
- 40 cases of Covid-19 reported in three provinces
- Four fresh community-transmitted Covid-19 cases recorded
- Two cases of local Covid-19 infection reported in Hai Duong
- 16 more cases of Covid-19, including four in Hanoi and HCM City reported
- Vietnam reports 14 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 13 more locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam confirms 53 new Covid-19 cases
- Hai Duong reports 18 new Covid-19 cases