The signing took place during a teleconference between Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Hoang Quoc Vuong and Italian Under-Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Manlio Di Stefano on Tuesday.
The two officials discussed ways to revive their post-pandemic economies and to utilize the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) which will take effect in August.
According to Mr. Vuong, the Vietnamese and Italian economies are similar. He said, “we are confident that our bilateral trade will regain momentum when the COVID-19 pandemic is under control. The free trade agreement and investment protection agreement between Vietnam and the EU will open up huge business opportunities for both sides. Vietnam is looking forward to a strong investment flow from Italy in fields such as textiles and footwear where Vietnam is offering incentives.”
- New Joint Commission on Vietnam-Italy Economic Cooperation formed
- Vietnam, UK look forward to signing new-generation FTA soon
- Vietnam, UK eye trade deal signing by year-end
- Italian companies invest in VN textile industry to capitalise on EU trade deal
- EVFTA: Opportunity for Vietnam-Netherlands trade cooperation
- More Italian firms invest in Vietnamese textile industry
- EVFTA offers great opportunities to maximise Vietnam-EU cooperation potential: Deputy Minister
- Vietnam, UK conclude bilateral FTA negotiations
- Vietnam-Malaysia relations to see positive changes after signing of RCEP
- ASEAN-EU to resume free trade deal negotiations