A Covid-19 checkpoint set up in Binh Giang District of Hai Duong Province. The Ministry of Health has reported 40 new Covid-19 cases by community transmission in Hai Duong, Hanoi, and Quang Ninh this evening, February 16 - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The Ministry of Health has reported 40 new Covid-19 cases caused by community transmission in Vietnam’s three coronavirus hotspots in Hai Duong, Hanoi, and Quang Ninh, raising the nation’s tally to 2,311 as of 6 p.m. today, February 16.
The capital city of Hanoi and the northern province of Quang Ninh reported one case each. These two cases tested positive for the coronavirus while quarantining.
As for the remaining 38 cases in the northern province of Hai Duong, 34 were found to be positve for the disease while being quarantined, four others are members of a family. They are now under medical treatment at the Field Hospital No.2 at the Hai Duong Medical Technical University.
The latest patients brought the country’s total number of locally-infected cases to 1,412 up to now, with 719 of them being reported since January 27.
On the same day, six coronavirus patients were declared free of the disease and were discharged from hospital, said the ministry’s national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control. Accordingly, the number of recoveries have amounted to 1,573 cases while fatalities remained at 35.
- Health Ministry confirms 31 locally-infected cases of Covid-19
- Two cases of local Covid-19 infection reported in Hai Duong
- Locally-infected cases of Covid-19 rise by 19
- One more Covid-19 case reported in Hai Duong
- 40 fresh Covid-19 cases confirmed in Hai Duong, Hanoi
- Vietnam confirms 32 new coronavirus cases
- 14 more Covid-19 cases confirmed in Haiphong, Hai Duong, Quang Ninh
- All nine fresh locally-infected cases of Covid-19 linked to Hai Duong
- Vietnam diagnoses 18 fresh Covid-19 community cases