A man in an area put under quarantine disinfects his hands with sanitizer. The Health Ministry has confirmed two new Covid-19 patients by community transmission in the northern province of Hai Duong this morning, February 16 – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The Health Ministry has confirmed two new cases of local Covid-19 infection in Hai Duong Province, currently the country's biggest coronavirus hotspot, sending the national tally to 2,271 as of this morning, February 16.
The two new cases were being quarantined when they tested positive for the coronavirus, with one linked to a coronavirus outbreak in Cam Giang District in Hai Duong and the other related to an outbreak in Kinh Mon District in the same province, which began two-week social distancing at midnight on February 16 due to no letup in new cases.
The two patients are now under treatment at the Field Hospital No. 2 at the Hai Duong Medical Technical University.
To date, Vietnam had reported 1,372 locally-transmitted patients, with 679 of them detected since January 27 in 13 provinces and cities. Meanwhile, 1,568 coronavirus patients in the country have fully recovered.
In a related development, Hanoi City has temporarily shut down relic sites, street food stores and coffee shops from midnight on February 16 to prevent the spread of the virus as the capital city has reported new cases. These places are often crowded with people despite a Covid-19 resurgence, said Chu Xuan Dung, vice chairman of the municipal government.
- 40 fresh Covid-19 cases confirmed in Hai Duong, Hanoi
- All nine fresh locally-infected cases of Covid-19 linked to Hai Duong
- Hai Duong has 16 new cases of Covid-19
- Vietnam confirmed 40 new coronavirus cases in Hanoi and Hai Duong Province Monday evening
- Four fresh community-transmitted Covid-19 cases recorded
- 9 more community-based coronavirus cases confirmed in Vietnam
- One more Covid-19 case reported in Hai Duong
- Health Ministry confirms 31 locally-infected cases of Covid-19
- Sources of infection of two Covid-19 hotspots in Hai Duong unknown
- Vietnam diagnoses 18 fresh Covid-19 community cases