A worker of Best Pacific Vietnam Co., Ltd in the Cam Dien-Luong Dien Industrial Park in Cam Giang District, Hai Duong Province. Hai Duong Province and Hanoi City had 40 new Covid-19 cases today – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The Ministry of Health has reported 40 new Covid-19 cases in Hai Duong Province and Hanoi City, raising the country’s total number of coronavirus patients to 2,269 as of tonight, February 15.
Two of the patients are in Hanoi, namely a 25-year-old woman in Ba Dinh District’s Yen The Ward and a 43-year-old Japanese man, the local media reported.
Both of them had come into close contact with a Covid-19 patient and had been quarantined since February 14. They had their samples taken for Covid-19 testing that day and the results returned positive the next day.
They are under treatment at the National Hospital of Tropical Diseases in Hanoi’s Dong Anh District.
Meanwhile, the other 38 positive cases are in Hai Duong. They tested positive for the coronavirus while they were quarantining as they had contact with Covid-19 patients. Most of them were linked to the hotspot in Chi Linh City.
Of the total, 29 patients are being treated at the Field Hospital No. 1 in the Chi Linh Medical Center and the remaining nine at the Field Hospital No. 2 in Hai Duong Medical Technical University.
Today, nearly 100 employees of Bach Mai Hospital in Hanoi came to Hai Duong to increase the capacity of the Field Hospital No. 2 to 600 beds from the current 300. The field hospital is now taking care of 115 Covid-19 patients.
- Vietnam reports two more Covid-19 cases on February 12
- HCMC, Gia Lai reports Covid-19 cases linked to Hai Duong Province
- 16 more cases of Covid-19, including four in Hanoi and HCM City reported
- Vietnam reports 13 more locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 19 new cases of Covid-19
- With 25 new cases, HCMC puts many areas under lockdown
- Locally-infected cases of Covid-19 rise by 19
- 45 new cases of Covid-19 reported in five provinces
- Two new COVID-19 cases reported on Sept. 2 afternoon
- 18 cases of Covid-19 reported in Hai Duong, Quang Ninh