An area is under lockdown due to the resurgence of Covid-19. The Ministry of Health this morning, February 11, reported 18 new Covid-19 cases by community transmission – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The Ministry of Health this morning, February 11, reported 18 new Covid-19 cases by community transmission in the northern provinces of Hai Duong and Quang Ninh, which are Vietnam’s biggest coronavirus hotspots, sending the total number of locally-infected cases since January 27 to 522.
Three cases in Quang Ninh include a 26-year-old man, a four-year-old boy, and a 23-year-old woman in Dong Trieu Town. The man had close contact with the 1,959th patient, the boy was linked to the 1,633rd, 1,656th, 1,655th patients, and the woman is a worker of Vietnam Poyun Electronics Company. They are under treatment at the Vietnam-Sweden Uong Bi General Hospital in the province.
The 15 remaining cases were reported in Hai Duong. These were linked to coronavirus patients and had been quarantined previously, posing no risk of community transmission.
As of 6 a.m. on February 11, the country’s tally had reached 2,109, with 1,215 locally-transmitted cases. Among them, 1,480 patients have fully recovered while 35 others had died of the respiratory disease, said the ministry’s national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control.
- 18 cases of Covid-19 reported in Hai Duong, Quang Ninh
- Locally-infected cases of Covid-19 rise by 19
- All nine fresh locally-infected cases of Covid-19 linked to Hai Duong
- Two fresh locally-infected cases of Covid-19 reported in Hanoi
- HCMC, Gia Lai reports Covid-19 cases linked to Hai Duong Province
- Number of new Covid-19 community cases soars by 53
- Vietnam register 18 new Covid-19 cases
- 45 new cases of Covid-19 reported in five provinces
- Hanoi records two more Covid-19 community cases
- With 25 new cases, HCMC puts many areas under lockdown